Python Forum
I feel it's my time to give back - so here's a free book for beinngers
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel it's my time to give back - so here's a free book for beinngers
Hi everyone!

Firstly I just want to thank everyone in the Python community. I have loved Python from the moment I started using it nearly 5 years ago and the community has made my experience even more amazing!

I've always enjoyed teaching others how to code so I thought I'd do something that could be shared with a wider audience. Early last year I started writing a book on Python for beginners that is free to read online. You may be wondering why? as there's a lot of them out there but I tried to take a slightly different approach with this one.

When I started programming, every book I came by just dove in head first and a lot of the technical stuff flew over my head which didn't help with my learning at all. So, for this book I tried to take a more conversational approach in the writing and not only introduce Python but also some important computer science concepts such as memory and computational complexity. I try to introduce and explain all of this through analogies and real-world examples.

There's exercises included in every chapter too to help you practice what you've been learning. I think they're a good challenge for beginners and should get the brain fired up!

I'd love for you guys to give it a read if you have the time and let me know what you think! And for any beginners out there I hope it serves you well!

You can check it out here: Slither into Python

If you have any questions just fire them my way!

And again, thank you to everyone!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you feel the Mojo snippsat 1 732 Jun-04-2023, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Why I feel like quitting Python Drone4four 8 4,481 Sep-19-2020, 08:25 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  My Python programming book for kids is free for 48 hours kenttong 0 1,926 Feb-02-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: kenttong
  [book] Various python and non python books available each day (free for 24hrs) Yoriz 188 121,303 Aug-09-2019, 04:57 AM
Last Post: ThomasL
  [Book] Python 201 - Free for 48 Hrs [Expired] Yoriz 2 5,336 Oct-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Yoriz