Python Forum
How to Hire a Python Programmer? It's hard because I don't know
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Hire a Python Programmer? It's hard because I don't know
I have several candidates who are all very interested in working on a project but I do not know if they know how to program and how good they are.

Is there any TEST programs I can give them with API that I can see if they can do the work? I want to compare several different people who have interviewed to become the programmer the company.

Their job would entail working with an API, management of inventory, and sales. They would create a website or program that would allow the company to interact with.

I am not sure if I can test them on something not really work related. Maybe I can give them an assignment on Google API? Something fairly small that won't take up too much of their time but enough to know which person to hire.
If your well versed in Python you can just write a task for each programmer to complete and compare the results. Often it comes to algorithms or tricks to see if they talk the talk, but not walk the walk. These questions can include things that would be included in your project or outside of it.

This post gives a link to a book that could be helpful. As stated in the link as well.... Github/BitBucket history can tell a lot about a person's experience. In today's world it is a programmers resume.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is Python so hard to maintain RMJFlack 15 6,291 Aug-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Last Post: RMJFlack
  idea intermediate python programmer brecht83 1 2,310 Dec-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Mekire
  What makes a good programmer? j.crater 5 3,726 Dec-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  how hard to translate this to python? Skaperen 4 3,948 Oct-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Last Post: buran
  Should Learn Python The Hard Way's be in the forums list of books Yoriz 16 14,332 Nov-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: micseydel