Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 3D game engine
Hi, I believe you are all familiar with the 2D game engine gdevelop. I'm looking for a 3D game engine that has a code-free and easy to use scripting method like gdevelop. Do you know one?
(Mar-31-2021, 10:16 AM)markcopperman78 Wrote: Hi, I believe you are all familiar with the 2D game engine gdevelop. I'm looking for a 3D game engine that has a code-free and easy to use scripting method like gdevelop. Do you know one?

Are you asking a bunch of coders how to avoid doing any coding?
Windspar and carecavoador like this post
(Mar-31-2021, 10:16 AM)markcopperman78 Wrote: Hi, I believe you are all familiar with the 2D game engine gdevelop. I'm looking for a 3D game engine that has a code-free and easy to use scripting method like gdevelop. Do you know one?
Hello,
I am also interested in this question, I am waiting for any information! 192.168.1.1
Why are you waiting for people to tell you what to use??? Just do a search for "3d game maker no code". There are dozens of options out there. Try a few and pick one. I've been studying game dev with Unity (which does have a new graphical logic system that doesn't require actual coding), plus Krita (drawing) and Blender3D (modelling, texturing, rigging). Unity is a great option since there are so many tutorials and helpful packages available.
Windspar likes this post
What do you mean by "no code"? Unreal has blueprints which don't involve any typing, but the nodes are basically still code. From what I see in the screenshots, gdevelop is also still programming, it just uses an interface where you don't type much.

You're posting it here, so I'm guessing you're looking for something with a python-like syntax? In that case, look into Godot, which is a really cool 2d and 3d engine.
https://github.com/netpipe/Luna powered by python

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Hi, what is the best 3D game engine with a scripting method similar to that of gdeve markcopperman78 2 2,515 Mar-15-2021, 05:03 PM
Last Post: nilamo