Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
necrobumping
(May-18-2017, 09:25 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: that seems to imply that we have a responsibility to go back through old threads and update information.
I dont want to take on any more responsibility, and im sure no one else does either. I dont think that we should update all posts to be current, i just dont think we should deny or split a post off that is just updating a thread either. Some threads will get more google hits than others.

(May-18-2017, 09:25 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: What I tend to see is people asking a similar but slightly different question. That should go in it's own thread.
completely agree. I would split them out as well.

I think to update a thread on current methods is great. But if it were to spark a new discussion on the old thread that it might be time to be a new thread. I guess it would depend on the context.

Just to be fair on both sides....There is a plugin to lock threads after X timeframe, To make it just like reddit with a custom cutoff. i just never installed it as i wasnt fond of it.

I forgot which forum it was but there was one that locked their threads after 1 month from the last post. I thought that was insane as some users dont even respond in that amount of time on occasions.
Recommended Tutorials:
(May-19-2017, 01:52 AM)metulburr Wrote: Just to be fair on both sides....There is a plugin to lock threads after X timeframe, To make it just like reddit with a custom cutoff. i just never installed it as i wasnt fond of it.
Despite being a bit anti necro I haven't myself seen any need for this here. So far they seem to be rare enough to deal with on a case by case basis.

For instance if you have a project in scripts I think you should fully be able to bump it if you have updated and in fact I wouldn't want to see a new post.