Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
Hello all Pythoners, I'm new here and I have to say the forum is great!
Just started my coding life after 34 years of thinking about it Rolleyes

I've just started with 'The Python Workbook' that I found in the Tutorials section and it is alot of fun so far!
Hi I am Dylan and I am currently enrolled in a Python course. I am eager to learn this coding language and hope to use it in my future endeavors.
RoutingToNull, Several year veteran of Cisco networking and getting dug into the world of programming. Happy to help where I can with Routers/Switches while I learn from your collective knowledge on how to be a better programmer :)
Hello all,

I am a atmospheric scientist by education where my first experience in programming came from. First language was ForTran 95 but later learn Python 2.7. Fell in love from exercise 1. Came at it from a data analysis prospective but never went into the object oriented aspect of the language. Fast forward to today and now I'm continuing my education in the world of Python.

I look forward to meeting others and getting to learn how far Python can go!

P.S. the numpy and matplotlib libraries are amazing.
Hi

I am emir, I study computer engineering. This year was my first year and we did not finish this year because of virus. I am learning python nowadays and ı wanna improve my python fastly. If u recommend me something ,I will be happy :)
(Jul-12-2020, 10:39 PM)Nomatter Wrote: Hi

I am emir, I study computer engineering. This year was my first year and we did not finish this year because of virus. I am learning python nowadays and ı wanna improve my python fastly. If u recommend me something ,I will be happy :)

Well, you may not be able to learn computer engineering during these times, but with this forum, you can sure learn Python Big Grin
pyzyx3qwerty
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
Need help on the forum? Visit help @ python forum
For learning more and more about python, visit Python docs
Hi,

I have been programming in python for 5 years and just saw this forum a few months ago, I decided to take a look. I like the community.

Bitpythoner
(Jul-16-2020, 01:55 PM)pyzyx3qwerty Wrote:
(Jul-12-2020, 10:39 PM)Nomatter Wrote: Hi

Well, you may not be able to learn computer engineering during these times, but with this forum, you can sure learn Python Big Grin

Cry Cry Cry haha , yes. U are right. Because of virus, I did not finish my school and learn smth about c#. Then I also failed some lessons *_* but I believe that next year I will compensate it. So I need your help, if u wanna help me or show me a way. I wait for this.
Thank you.
Just checking in. New user with a few successful projects.

My favorite is a home security system that started as a simple garage door state monitor. It has evolved into a whole house monitor for 7 doors, multiple motion sensors (independently enabled/disabled), smart home lighting control, and garage door control. Uses Tasker and Join (Android apps) for smart phone interface of Pi functions and displays.

Another project is my (homebrew) keg quantity monitor that uses an HX711 scale to monitor the weight (therefore the quantity) of the keg remaining. Demonstrated at https:/youtu.be/2Oh-E0u8Jko. Nothing spectacular, but it works. My next improvement on that is to have something happen when a beer is taken from the keg. Maybe a buzzer, maybe a requests.post to a URL that pushes a notification to my phone, maybe log it in a spreadsheet (with date and time stamp!).

Looking forward to finding inspiration and helping where I can.
Hello, I'm Esbeeb. I've written a few small Python programs in the past.

I'd like to express my gratitude to all the Python developers, and any other sorts of contributors (like the Moderators) who make Python community as great as it is. I'm glad there is a nice forum here for Python discussion. Thank you everyone, for your positive contributions.

Smile