Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bench marking tool
Hello,

I'm not a developer but I was here on a situation where the developer cannot fix the errors we encounter on his application. I'd like to know if it's still possible or not so I can help him.

Our developer creates an application for bench-marking compatible to run on windows.. This bandwidth tester will tester should check windows 10 traffic. The idea was, you cannot proceed with testing the internet speed if the current traffic exceeds 64kbps. We have this check mark for "Check Traffic".. When we select this option and start the application it will run for a second and suddenly stop saying Testing blocke - "BG Traffic exceeds 64kbps". Of course the app itself is consuming a traffic.. Is there a way to exempt the traffic created by the app? The app should not proceed if other application is using the internet for examples: internet browser, torrent, windows update, antivirus etc.

The big problem is that the app is blocking itself because definitely he's creating traffic and exceeding 64kbps.

Below is the example of his codes:

if self.enable_traffic.isChecked() and self.traffic > 64:
self.label_status.setText('BG Traffic Exceeded 64kbps')
QtGui.QMessageBox.warning(self, 'Error', 'Testing blocked - Traffic Exceeded 64kbps!')
return

Messages In This Thread
Bench marking tool - by rhey - Jan-30-2020, 01:55 AM
RE: Bench marking tool - by metulburr - Jan-30-2020, 03:53 AM
RE: Bench marking tool - by rhey - Jan-30-2020, 04:22 AM
RE: Bench marking tool - by rhey - Jan-30-2020, 05:44 AM
RE: Bench marking tool - by rhey - Jan-31-2020, 01:46 AM