Python Forum
Help finishing my Wikipedia page
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finishing my Wikipedia page
Quote:Well, think about it. Not all views need to render a template, do they? Examples:

- The response from an API endpoint, which as you know by now will typically be XML or JSON.
- Redirecting to another page. This is usually done by setting the appropriate status code and the Location header.

OK that makes sense except can u show me an example of a redirect? I'm not sure what you mean by the status code and Location header.

What do you mean by Use a library? I don't always learn by seeing code. I have to see it in action and break it down. I find conflicting information online and it's hard to get solid syntax sometimes so I come to you guys to help stimulate my mind.

By use a libray you mean the markdown2 import I have to make? OK I'll consult that and look into it. Sometimes I ask questions beforehand because I get frustrated trying to follow the instructions - and they aren't always fully complete - something always goes wrong.

And it helps me to ask questions first so when I'm ready to go at it they are answered.

My code is very poorly written I'm sure but it works and that's all that matters.

For instance, the link you just gave me: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/ has around 50 different hyperlinks. Sending people to that page just overwhelms people.

It's literally someone asking how to say "dog" in a language and you handing them an encyclopedia entry on dogs and all the different breeds. I don't even know where to start with all that information.

Messages In This Thread
Help finishing my Wikipedia page - by card51shor - Jul-06-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: Help finishing my Wikipedia page - by ndc85430 - Jul-06-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: Help finishing my Wikipedia page - by ndc85430 - Jul-07-2020, 04:39 AM
RE: Help finishing my Wikipedia page - by card51shor - Jul-07-2020, 05:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help in finishing my scripts mohank84 5 3,963 Oct-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Last Post: jefsummers