Python Forum
Best module for creating a web based form?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best module for creating a web based form?
Hi guys,
I have a requirement to code a form for my users. This form needs to be able to interact with a database to autofill fields based on user input within other fields on the form, and then submit the data etc.... something that would traditionally be done with php/javascript.

I'm not so great with php nor javascript so I was looking for a way to accomplish this using python. I already figured I could use pyodbc to connect to the db, probably the requests library - but ae there popular modules that could be useful for my form creation? and also the form-field auto-population bit? I guess I could just code in SQL statements into a configuration file and use those, but there has to be something tailor made for doing this in python.

I did some research and I've been looking into flask. Flask seems a lot like node.js in the design and implementation... does it sound like I'm on the right track? Any other suggestions for modules to use for this?

Thank you- mods if this is the wrong sub-forum for this kind of question, please feel free to move it.

Messages In This Thread
Best module for creating a web based form? - by t4keheart - Aug-05-2020, 12:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using python requests module and BS4 to login on an Wordpress based website apollo 1 9,543 Feb-06-2018, 01:31 AM
Last Post: metulburr