Python Forum
Simplest/Quickest/Best Way to Get Started?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplest/Quickest/Best Way to Get Started?
I decided to use Python.

Now into the third day and still not up and running.

I have win10.

Tried Anaconda because it was advised everywhere.

Had hassles and reinstalls with it.

Then tried spyder and had hassles with it.

Tried conda as part of all this and had hassles with it.

Want database utility in what I want to write to tried to get mysql because it was advised.

Had all sorts of hassles with it.

Nearly all of these hassles I think are due to incompatabilities with various versions of this multitude of packages.

Like when I open spyder it tells me there's an update available every time. When I try to install the update with coda

Like I just tried to install mysql-connector-python and it told me it is incompatible with my python (3.8 I think).

I think maybe I've gone off on the wrong track.

What's the simplest, quickest, easiest, most fireproof way of installing python so's I can get busy (complete with some kind of database facility (just to keep a few hundred simple records is all) ) ?

p.s. like what I mean is I see conda is simply a package manager - it just gets things for you and installs them, except often it doesn't, and then I learned that anaconda itself is something similar being 'just a collection of packages' some guy said when I was browsing troubleshooting anaconda hassles.

And it seems to me these 'helping' apps are getting to where they're just a big hassle. All I need is python and mysql and whatever makes the one able to use the other, isn't it?

Messages In This Thread
Simplest/Quickest/Best Way to Get Started? - by abrogard - Oct-22-2020, 08:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot get started standenman 4 1,314 Feb-22-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: standenman
  Can't even get started dr6 1 1,671 Aug-18-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Getting started mba_110 0 1,768 Jan-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Last Post: mba_110
  Getting Started wargasme 5 3,540 Jun-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Last Post: ichabod801
  Just getting started alwillia 6 3,683 May-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ljmetzger
  Simplest way to create a musical note and play it insearchofanswers87 3 13,754 Nov-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: insearchofanswers87