Python Forum
Help on a program to help with distributing food to the needy
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Help on a program to help with distributing food to the needy
(Apr-07-2017, 05:06 PM)zivoni Wrote:
(Apr-07-2017, 04:37 PM)teenspirit Wrote: What i mean is when the program runs it gives you a prompt to enter a letter or value, when you hit enter it makes a second prompt, then a tthird, fourth, so on. i want one prompt that has the values listed, and instead of skipping to a new line every time, it would just change the values on the prompt.
You mean some sort of screen control/redrawing? For linux you can use traditional curses or maybe higher level/easier to use npyscreen (built on top of curses). Using either one would make your program significantly more complicated. So I wonder if isnt better to start with something that ichabod801 suggested - maybe even spreadsheet with formula for counting cells with X or XX would work (and could contain explaining text/notes).

Ok, i thought that it might have been possible to do that easily, and no, spreadsheets and other forms of software really arent an option, they simple dont have the flexibility and processing power of what i am trying to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help on a program to help with distributing food to the needy - by teenspirit - Apr-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimization problem ( food menu ) Truman 3 3,649 Apr-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Truman
  Packaging and Distributing App for Python 3.6 solaikannan 1 2,716 Aug-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Last Post: snippsat