Python Forum
looking fo documentation for module files
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking fo documentation for module files
i do not want to make this into a package, at least not right now. all i want to do is put a couple of my modules where they are available on my entire system. i put scripts in /usr/local/bin. should i put modules there? they work there, but because that is where the script is read from by python3.8 (or whatever version i have next).

so, i do not want to read about how to make a package. i avoid too much reading and even more watching videos or listening to sound files (other than music) like podcasts. i do get more out of reading, but dislike spending too much time doing that.

my users on my laptop are basically all myself. the main system is a cloud instance i administer with full root access ("fool root access" as it is sometime known). i am not making (very many) things for the world to use. besides me, the users in my small business are more like sales people. they seem to comprehend the command line way of doing things although click on things works easier for them.

my brother is a retired airline pilot. he can be very technical when needed. his explanations of how flying works are usually over my head. our common side interest is weather. i made him be CEO.

i should not need to tell him anything about modules. he just runs some commands or click on some icons. he wanted the weather radar window to come up automatically when he logs in, so i had to do that for him. he can understand technical things, but, computers are something he wants to avoid (they do make flying difficult, according to many pilots).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looking fo documentation for module files - by Skaperen - Jul-29-2022, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  finding which source files import a module Skaperen 3 2,637 Apr-22-2019, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis