Python Forum
looking fo documentation for module files
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking fo documentation for module files
(Aug-01-2022, 08:22 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: I don't understand why you don't find a directory in our previous answers? What is the result of site.getsitepackages() in your system?
i'm looking for a specific path. something i can do this with:
cp -t $path skapmodule.py
Output:
>>> site.getsitepackages() ['/usr/host/bin/../../../local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages', '/usr/host/bin/../../../lib/python3/dist-packages', '/usr/host/bin/../../../lib/python3.8/dist-packages'] >>>
that doesn't seem right. none of those exist because it has "../../.." instead of "../..". i can't find where that is configured.

"/usr/host/bin" is where i keep locally created code because my setup process has to clear "/usr/host/bin" to empty and put the proper files in place, maybe without some that are not used, anymore. it's part of my custom management. the files then get copied to "/usr/local/bin" so all my local stuff is in both places. the trouble is some packages (that are not local) put stuff in "/usr/local". so i created "/usr/host". this was set up and was done long ago even before i started using Python (but most of that code has been rewritten into Python and works fin in Python3.8).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looking fo documentation for module files - by Skaperen - Aug-05-2022, 02:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  finding which source files import a module Skaperen 3 2,617 Apr-22-2019, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis