Python Forum
The most outrageous moments of my career
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most outrageous moments of my career
(Apr-27-2017, 03:12 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: Back in the early seventies (I've got to think this list still exists) there was a list
containing 3 columns and 10 rows of random bull.

pick 3 numbers and combine the words,  then you created a document like:

Starting with 'The 374  was 263  in the first part by the 936 in the second.' in
which you pick 3 numbers and combine the words,  then you created a document like:

The sequential underlying problem was ultimately uniformly discovered in the first part by
the relative modulating oscillator in the second.

What you got in the end was a random document that was nonsense but initially looked very impressive.

We created one of these with about a page and a half of nonsense and sent it to our boss.

He was so impressed that he sent it in turn to his boss!

Random text generators where all the rage in the 80s. I have seen ones for business reports, hardware/software commercial brochures, Physics PhD theses, and Shakespeare plays.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most outrageous moments of my career - by Ofnuts - Apr-27-2017, 08:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Career change. Advice hugely appreciated! JABedford 5 3,768 Sep-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Last Post: JABedford
  best python specialization to career at home with? meems 0 3,262 Dec-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: meems