Python Forum
Python for web apps - where to start?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python for web apps - where to start?
Information 
Hi, I have some basic programming knowledge (can read syntax, and understand functions and statements) I have never programmed in Python so I'm looking for the right start.
My goal is to make web apps with forms that enter data in a database (Mysql), manipulate said data in reports, and similar.
For example employee work hours management/calculation app, with employee info, worked hours, overtime, etc.
I have a Linux web server hosted online and I have installed Visual studio code (with python extension and ssh extension, I read it supports web apps)
When I programmed in VB a long time ago I used to make a form first and then connect everything in the back end, that's what I'm accustomed to so I'm looking for a similar setup.

I looked online and got some bits but not a complete picture: framework, IDE, ssh access

My question is what are the steps to have a good starting setup so I can play around with form design and back-end python?
I just want to make sure I begin my journey the right way.

If someone could point me in the right direction and just list the steps in terms of software or just a list of things I need to do, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Python for web apps - where to start? - by a1ch3myst - Feb-17-2023, 09:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Start at python Networkin Grean 6 6,624 Aug-14-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Gaurav_Kumar
Question Deploy Flask apps on Windows... SpongeB0B 2 4,205 Aug-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: ndc85430
  Best way to create Apps in django API Norvegat 0 2,671 Sep-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Norvegat
  How to start learning Python? SmartGrid 2 2,753 Aug-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  Please give me some advice on how to host python apps on a vps FonCheato 1 3,419 Feb-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: metulburr