Python Forum
Timestamp of file changes if a share mapped to a server….
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timestamp of file changes if a share mapped to a server….
This is a great conversation, I read tons of docs and started understanding (kind of) some of the "date times" I'm working with. I think for now I should just stick with the snippet shared by the All Great and all Powerful deanhystad Wink
from datetime import datetime, date, time, timedelta
from pytz import timezone
from pathlib import Path

# Get start and end of day in Seattle
start_time = datetime.combine(date.today(), time(), tzinfo=timezone("US/Pacific"))
end_time = start_time + timedelta(hours=24)
print(start_time, end_time)

# Convert to timestamps.
start_time = start_time.timestamp()
end_time = end_time.timestamp()

# Print all files that were modified today.
folder = Path(__file__).parent  # Scan folder that contains this file.
for file in folder.iterdir():
    mtime = file.stat().st_mtime
    if start_time <= mtime < end_time:
        print(file.name, mtime, datetime.fromtimestamp(mtime)) 
I understand that the range of "datetimes" for the files to download from Asia is set by the "start_time" and "end_time"
both "times" are in UTC and localized for the Pacific NW.
if it is true that all timestamps are UTC then the following should filter the files I'm looking for:
for file in folder.iterdir():
    if start_time <= mtime < end_time:
but it seems I'm getting the "wrong timestamps". Then I thought OK, let's localize my "start_time" and "end_time" for the Kuala_Lumpur because it is local time for the hosts I'm trying to get the files from.
#start_time = datetime.combine(date.today(), time(), tzinfo=timezone("US/Pacific"))
start_time = datetime.combine(date.today(), time(), tzinfo=timezone("Asia/Kuala_Lumpur"))
end_time = start_time + timedelta(hours=24)

# Convert to timestamps.
start_time = start_time.timestamp()
end_time = end_time.timestamp()
It seems I'm still getting the files with "wrong" timestamps. I know that the files have the wrong timestamps because when I open them data inside is from tomorrow...

What did I do wrong?
By the way, I was thinking maybe the line below is not localized it is a UTC timestamp but not tied up to any time zone.
I tried :
mtime3 = ef.stat().st_mtime(pytz.utc) 
But it produces an error:
TypeError: 'float' object is not callable

Again, I really appreciate you guys looking into it!
Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timestamp of file changes if a share mapped to a server…. - by tester_V - Jul-01-2023, 11:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting to Remote Server to read contents of a file ChaitanyaSharma 1 376 May-03-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  Trying to access excel file on our sharepoint server but getting errors cubangt 0 889 Feb-16-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: cubangt
  How to modify python script to append data on file using sql server 2019? ahmedbarbary 1 1,288 Aug-03-2022, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  error in timestamp Led_Zeppelin 3 3,385 Jun-15-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  error in timestamp Led_Zeppelin 0 1,070 Jun-10-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Led_Zeppelin
  access share attributed among several class methods drSlump 0 1,119 Nov-18-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: drSlump
  |SOLVED] Glob JPGs, read EXIF, update file timestamp? Winfried 5 2,614 Oct-21-2021, 03:29 AM
Last Post: buran
  How to take the tar backup files form remote server to local server sivareddy 0 1,988 Jul-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: sivareddy
  Move file from one folder to another folder with timestamp added end of file shantanu97 0 2,564 Mar-22-2021, 10:59 AM
Last Post: shantanu97
  How to share a numpy array between 2 processes on Windows? qstdy 0 2,214 Jan-29-2021, 04:24 AM
Last Post: qstdy