Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
importing serial
I have a Python project I have been developing on Windows. (I wish I could use Linux for this project, because I would already be done)
My project has all its internals finished, now I have to populate the stubs for communicating with external hardware.
I have been reading tutorials about how to install pyserial on my Windows based python3. None of the tutorials instructions have worked.
I even resorted to asking ChatGPT for assistance. He/she struck out and finally told me to go to the forums for help. (So here I am)

I have a simple interface I must finish up. The only piece that is missing is that I cannot resolve the references to the serial module.
I know that pyserial is already present in my system, because I got this error message from one of my attempts:

$> pip install pyserial
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
Requirement already satisfied: pyserial in c:\users\docru\appdata\roaming\python\python310\site-packages (3.5)

And version 3.5 is the latest version.

But I have no idea how to get my python interpreter to access it. My PATH environment variable is set up to access python3, but "import serial" gives me this error: "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'serial' "

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank

Messages In This Thread
importing serial - by Fklein23 - Jul-05-2023, 04:33 AM
RE: importing serial - by Larz60+ - Jul-05-2023, 09:10 AM
RE: importing serial - by deanhystad - Jul-05-2023, 01:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pyserial/serial "has no attribute 'Serial' " gowb0w 9 6,071 Aug-24-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: gowb0w