Python Forum
Logic suggestions for comparing 2 csv's
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic suggestions for comparing 2 csv's
The support system file doesn't have the information you need to know if a down register has an open ticket. The support system file should have a register column. As is, you have to parse the description, which appears to be free-form, in hope that it contains the register number.

Are register numbers unique, or can two stores have the same register number? If register numbers are unique there is no reason to look at the store. If register numbers are unique, I would open up the support system file and get a list of all registers that have open tickets. Next I would open up the ping file and filter out all registers that are online. Using the register numbers pulled from the support system file I would filter out all registers mentioned in the support file. That leaves you with a ping file of registers that are offline and not mentioned in the support system file.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Logic suggestions for comparing 2 csv's - by deanhystad - Nov-09-2023, 09:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Require Some Suggestions gouravlal 2 2,012 Jul-27-2020, 06:14 AM
Last Post: gouravlal
  Python Debugger Suggestions nilamo 3 3,216 Oct-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Last Post: jdjeffers
  Logic error when comparing randomly generated integers SadoDeomeoon 5 4,818 Jun-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SadoDeomeoon
  Learning Python, need suggestions vkozinec 1 32,824 Mar-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: wavic