Python Forum
Capstone Project - Room for Python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Project - Room for Python?
Hello All, very newbie general Python question here.

I am a grad student in BI/BA and starting my capstone in the Fall. Quick summary, its just an 8 month long project to implement a BI environment (the entire framework, database, project plan, data governance, BI tools, ETL, etc…) The teams have essentially open access to choose the question being asked and what technologies to employ.

In addition to getting a good grade I want to learn something new and use this as a portfolio to show potential employers. Looking around at job boards I see a lot of Python (much more than R) listed in many data centric roles.

So my question is, what would I use Python for in a project like this? Could I integrate Python into part of this project? I always thought Python was similar to R but the more I read/look into it, the more I'm not so sure. Think

Just for reference, our team project is going to build a BI system around Fantasy Football statistics. Nothing too crazy or difficult but lots of stats and both a trend and real-time component. Looking at using MySQL for the database, Postgre for the datawarehouse, Jaspersoft ETL , and Pentaho BI suite.

Thanks Wink

Messages In This Thread
Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by QueenBee - Aug-04-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by nilamo - Sep-21-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by nilamo - Oct-03-2017, 05:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  python Meeting room free/busy Availability in Exchange r7rajkumar 3 5,143 Mar-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nilamo