Python Forum
Am I capable of becoming a programmer?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I capable of becoming a programmer?
Im going to tell you the story of how i got into programming. I believe its relevant to how you think.

i started out by wanting to make games after playing a game called Little Big Planet on Ps3. You created levels, but with limited things. I wanted to have 100% control over everything. I remember the first book i picked up for any programming was a C++ for dummies book in 2011. Before that i didnt do any programming whatsoever. I remember reading through that looking at pointers and the syntax, and was just dumbfounded at it. I never thought i would get anywhere. At that time I was just toying with the idea of programming. Might be something i like, maybe not. I toyed with it for awhile (about 6 months). Making text games here and there learning the fundamentals. I decided i would try college for CS degree. There my instructor introduced python to us and i fell in love with the language. For reasons aside i didnt finish college, but i stayed with programming....and stayed with python. I have delved into game programming and am very happy with the results from python and pygame. I have done other things too like web scraping, GUI programs, web dev, but i consider game programming where i have the most fun at. But it has helped me learn the language better and expand my horizons.

It does take time and effort. Sometimes things just dont click. But they will at some point as long as you stick with it. It has nothing to do with your IQ. IT has 100% with your effort.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I capable of becoming a programmer? - by metulburr - Sep-04-2017, 02:50 AM