Python Forum
Have I chosen the wrong career path?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I chosen the wrong career path?
I would have to say welcome to life. When your a kid you think you go to college, get a job in a field, love job, live happily ever after. That is not how it always works. There are a lot of people who dont do in life what they went to college for making going to college only a personal experience VS education.

In fact, my wife just finished college a year ago and cant even find a job. She is taking a cashier job at a local grocery store which is the same thing a 16 year old can do. However she enjoys that job and would rather work this at low pay and be happy, than take a job that requires her degree like a social worker and feel like executing herself everyday at work.

I am a strong believer in doing what makes you happy. Even if its not a lot of money. Because if your doing what makes you happy, you are happy poor person. And thats much better than being a rich dick who hates their job. Of course you still have to pay bills. So some times you just have to suck it up and take a job that sucks and hope for the best later. You can make a crappy job better by changing your attitude.

I wouldnt worry about "getting noticed" as a novel writer. If that is what you love to do, then do it. If it doesnt pay the bills, then work a crappy job (whatever that might be) while writing in your free time. Or if you can afford it, do part time work and suck up the money loss, and spend time on your novels instead. You can actually live off very little income. Our American culture has beaten it into us that the more money you make the happier you are. That you can buy more things, etc. Its bullshit. For example you dont really need a vehicle if you live wihin a couple miles of your job, etc. Which is money saved. And a penny saved is a penny earned.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have I chosen the wrong career path? - by Sagar - Sep-07-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Have I chosen the wrong career path? - by metulburr - Sep-07-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Have I chosen the wrong career path? - by Sagar - Sep-07-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: Have I chosen the wrong career path? - by dvs1 - Sep-10-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Have I chosen the wrong career path? - by dvs1 - Sep-13-2017, 11:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python career recommendations skarface19 0 543 Jan-04-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: skarface19
  Starting New Programming Career after 50 MCL169 4 1,506 Jan-25-2023, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Is being a Python Developer a good career choice? ankitdixit 1 2,256 May-31-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: ankitdixit
  Career step with Python izildop 0 1,505 Dec-26-2019, 09:41 PM
Last Post: izildop
  Feasible career change mccarthyemmet 2 3,430 Sep-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Larz60+