Python Forum
Career change. Advice hugely appreciated!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career change. Advice hugely appreciated!
Hello all,

Brief background about me.. I am a 26 year old male from Berkshire UK.. Currently work as an Operations Manager in the construction industry.

I have been making and selling websites since I was a 13 year old, and my passion has always been everything to do with computers. I left college after getting a A-Level in computer science, as well as English and History, and have found myself unfortunately drift away over the years from doing what I enjoy!

I have a plan to, over the next three years, work on becoming a Python developer and start doing a job I love and enjoy. I first discovered Python earlier this year, and have enjoyed the learning process. It's been a struggle being so out of practice, but I have hugely enjoyed using my brain again, so to speak! Tongue

As much experience as I can gain over these three years is obviously a bonus.

Two questions really..
1) Is freelancing in my spare time a viable option? How is it best to get started in this?
2) Are there any industry recognized qualifications that would actually be worth getting? I have seen the "nanodegree" in full stack development, but is this something actually worth doing or does experience generally speak louder than qualifications?

Many thanks in advance,
James.

Messages In This Thread
Career change. Advice hugely appreciated! - by JABedford - Sep-27-2017, 07:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The most outrageous moments of my career volcano63 27 16,435 Jun-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: volcano63
  best python specialization to career at home with? meems 0 3,266 Dec-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: meems