Python Forum
[Py2Exe] How can i convert py files to exe ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Py2Exe] How can i convert py files to exe ?
maybe someone can get the source code of python and give it this feature:  if a python source file (or .pyc file or .pyo file) is appended to the executable file, it will run (interpret) that source file instead of doing any other things.  all arguments, even if they look like arguments for python itself, will be passed to the interpreted python program   this python executable can be shortened by only including what is needed to run the python code that is appended.  a bonus feature is to handle compressed python programs.  an added bonus would be to support one or more modules appended between the interpreter and the program to be run.  yet another added bonus is to support everything in an appended .zip file or .tar.*z file.

(Sep-27-2017, 08:32 PM)snippsat Wrote: Not jumping to any gun Wink
I used py2exe a couple of week ago for my Norwegian Tv project(have user from XP to Win-10),
that project will stay on Python 2.7. 
I know py2exe really good,so if someone is stubborn and most use it i will help.

I stick to the advice that new user should use 3.6,
therefor will i not recommend py2exe.
There are some really good alternative like PyInstaller.
hvor kan jeg laste ned videoen?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Py2Exe] How can i convert py files to exe ? - by Skaperen - Sep-28-2017, 04:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  source for py2exe not working after 3.4 metulburr 2 2,581 Feb-28-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  In place of py2exe (for GNU/Linux systems) and MultiOS executables (Yes) Lachu 5 5,184 Jan-18-2019, 07:25 PM
Last Post: snippsat