Python Forum
The python DOT org cert problem and a new Firefox
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The python DOT org cert problem and a new Firefox
several people.  i don't know the exact number.  it is connected via 4 bonded DSLs.

once i was finally able to see the cert information (by magnifying a screen capture  ... my vision is too poor to see it in the tiny font Firefox put it in) i could see the problem.  it was a multi-name cert that lacked the name that is in the same form as the domain name itself.

when some gets a cert signed by a CA, it is the PUBLIC half they submit to the CA and get back with the signature.  this can safely be made available to others to look at (it happens as part of the RSA exchange) their server has to have the PRIVATE half.  there is no signature applied to it.  they must keep it secure.

i'm going over to reddit, now, and later to do some coding (tweaking a script to generate background screen sessions of a specified size).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The python DOT org cert problem and a new Firefox - by Skaperen - Nov-18-2017, 05:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unable to lunch firefox using python sanjay 5 3,044 May-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Peek preview of Firefox's WebRender Larz60+ 0 2,812 Oct-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Larz60+