Python Forum
Class Struggle: Connecting a Method to an Outside Variable
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Struggle: Connecting a Method to an Outside Variable
First off, be warned: I am a hopeless newbie within the realms of python with just shy of two months of experience thus far.

I am making slow progress, however, and normally I can manage working out the bugs and assorted snags if I just put a little work into researching.

In this case, however, I'm somewhat stuck as I cannot wrap my head around what would otherwise appear to be a simple operation.
During the past week it has grown into some variation of 'code blindness'; the further I've been digging, the worse the code has gotten*, so now I turn to you, the good people of python-forum.

I would like to somehow connect 'myVar' to 'button_1', 'button_2' and 'button_3' in the method shown below.
I've made a v1.0 of the program (a weather station that scrapes the web for a forecast and assorted data) which works witout using classes, but then I thought that it would be a good exercise to implement classes. Oh, Icarus.

I've omitted the rest of the code as I don't think it bears relevance, but will upload the entire script if needed, of course; just let me know, please.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post :)

from tkinter import *

class lbl(object):
    def __init__(self, pos, txt, row, col, colspan):
        self.position = pos
        self.text = txt
        self.row = row
        self.column = col
        self.columnspan = colspan

myVar = Label(self.position, self.text)
        myVar.grid(self.row, self.column, self.columnspan)

root = Tk()
root.title("Vejrstation 1.0")
root.geometry("350x350")
#root.resizable(True, True)
root.resizable(False, False)

label_1 = lbl(root, "temp.", 0, 0, 1)
label_2 = lbl(root, "fugt", 0, 1, 1)
label_3 = lbl(root, "vind", 0, 2, 1)

root.mainloop()
* I would supply some of my more horrendous attempts and ideas for the shere comedy value, but let's keep it concise for now, eh? ;)

Messages In This Thread
Class Struggle: Connecting a Method to an Outside Variable - by vulpesVelox - Jan-21-2018, 06:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selenium big struggle Troop 2 1,735 Apr-25-2020, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Troop