Python Forum
[PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease
(Aug-17-2018, 08:30 PM)PySimpleGUI Wrote: I'm taking this bet.... here's a 9 month course that doesn't even make it to tkinter.
https://canvas.uw.edu/courses/1026775/pa...e-syllabus

The university courses have similar course outlines.

It depends on how much a person devotes to learning python that determines they take 3 months or a year. Just because a course lays out a time-line does not mean that is how long it takes to grasp the content. Some people can fly through that 9 month course in 3 months, some people might take 2 years (or other words have to take it twice or more). You said it takes a year of understanding python to learn tkinter (yours one day), and that is just not accurate. No one can say how long a person would take to learn something because its a variable that changes for each person.

Quote:You need a year of Python to get into tkinter. You need a day for PySimpleGUI
Quote:If you've never programmed before, there is little hope in teaching what a "callback function" is when the concept for "function" may not have been understood yet.
I am not saying 3 months for python and tkinter. I am saying 3 months for python fundamentals that would be required to start tkinter. Learning GUI is a whole different ball game from learning the basics.

Maybe you shouldnt advertise with your library specific time-lines to noobies. If they have a hard time learning the material in 1-3 months, they would be disappointed while if they hear it takes 1 year it can be daunting. It can take either or based on their effort and time put into learning.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease - by metulburr - Aug-17-2018, 10:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PySimpleGUI Try Except jamesaarr 1 2,024 Nov-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jamesaarr
  [PySimpleGUI]Install package on Conda not up-to-date RayJohnson 4 4,614 Jan-22-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: RayJohnson