Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple csv files
I have a project where I have to collate info from a number of different CSV files into one file as well as running some calculations on the data within them. The CSV files contain the results of various trials at a task for different individuals. Some of the data sits under column headings. Other things do not. For example personal info like name, age, gender and IP address. I am struggling with where to start with the task: i.e. whether to combine all of the CSV files into one file first then interrogate from there or extract the necessary data from each one and put into a new file as I go. If the latter is there a simple function to loop through multiple files in a folder? If the former, what's the best way to extract data which isn't 'multiple choice' such as name (which isn't assigned and identifier in the file)? I am not allowed to use any modules like panda etc. and should only use functions covered in class: variables, choices, data structures and loops. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Messages In This Thread
Multiple csv files - by beginner - Nov-03-2018, 12:11 PM
RE: Multiple csv files - by ichabod801 - Nov-03-2018, 01:54 PM
RE: Multiple csv files - by beginner - Nov-03-2018, 04:02 PM
RE: Multiple csv files - by ichabod801 - Nov-03-2018, 06:16 PM