Python Forum
Call and execute methods from a list
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call and execute methods from a list
In command line I give as arguments script --args startApp() login() buyProduct() for example. I have a method that generates a list by given args wich are actually methods that define actions and will look like this in that case [startApp(),login(),buyProduct()].

What I have inside firstTest now, does not work. It does not throw errors, but it simply does nothing and stops.

class Tests(unittest.TestCase):

def argsCollector(self):
        argumentsList = list()
        for i in sys.argv:
            argumentsList.append(i)
        argumentsList.pop(0)
        return argumentsList

def firstTest(self):
        self.argsCollector()

def hagerTests():
    suite = unittest.TestSuite()
    suite.addTest(TestSuites('firstTest'))
    return suite

if __name__== "__main__":
    runner.run(hagerTests())
From here I want to give the list to the firstTest method then execute the suite that contains only one test firstTest(). Then this method when I execute the code/test should have something like this:

def firstTest():
    #somehow recive the list of steps given in cmd described above
    #then if the list received is succesfull the test can be executed because it will contain something like this
    #startApp()
    #login()
    #buyProduct()  
So how can I call and execute the methods inside my list that are given as args in cmd?

Messages In This Thread
Call and execute methods from a list - by asheru93 - Jan-16-2019, 08:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  for loops break when I call the list I'm looping through Radical 4 1,074 Sep-18-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: buran
  How do I call sys.argv list inside a function, from the CLI? billykid999 3 991 May-02-2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  How to create a linked list and call it? loves 12 4,978 Nov-22-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: loves
  list call problem in generator function using iteration and recursive calls postta 1 2,047 Oct-24-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: bowlofred
  How to call/read function for all elements in my list in python johnny_sav1992 1 2,195 Jul-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Last Post: buran
  API call returning list value of 'None' jimbone30 5 2,778 Jun-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Last Post: jimbone30