Python Forum
Time complexity different between operating systems. Why?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time complexity different between operating systems. Why?
Mekire: Migrating a thread from the old forum which I think provided good discussion so as to avoid linking to the dead forum.

I sometimes have anything from dual boot, triple boot, to quad boot. But for compatibility testing, i normally use virtual box with windows 7 set up in it. Which is a lot easier and quicker than rebooting into another system. Of course beforehand, i didnt really look at the timing differences of the two between Windows and linux. Not sure why concatenation in windows is so slow. Would be intersting to know.

i guess i should ensure str.join instead for my code that is going to be runnning on windows, huh? lol

No wonder why someone said that str.join is faster, if they did it in windows and got those results...and i did it in linux, i am thinking, "you are complaing about .2 seconds?", when in reality they were talking about X number of seconds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time complexity different between operating systems. Why? - by metulburr - Jan-18-2017, 09:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aspiring systems administrator wants a python book. oslon 1 550 May-11-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  time complexity of int Skaperen 6 2,868 Jul-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Python as an operating system boot up megatronixs 4 2,556 Nov-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE
  In place of py2exe (for GNU/Linux systems) and MultiOS executables (Yes) Lachu 5 5,196 Jan-18-2019, 07:25 PM
Last Post: snippsat