Python Forum
Problems with displaying a 15x15 Complex Matrix
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with displaying a 15x15 Complex Matrix
Hi @newbieAuggie2019,

Thank you so much for your super detailed response!

I have tried what you had suggested, however, due to the zero elements in the matrix, the overall matrix is still aligned incorrectly.

I am importing numpy to generate the matrices.

In my source code, I first create a 15x15 zero matrix with the following line:
Matrix = np.zeros([15, 15], dtype = "complex64")

Followed by that, I run iterative calculations on some data and the elements which contain a value would be updated in the Matrix. These elements include zero and non-zero values.

I have considered reducing the number of decimal places of the complex numbers so each row vector would be shorter.
However, I am running into errors while trying the above.

Alternatively, I am trying to export the data onto an excel file with XlsxWriter, but I have ran into the following error: ComplexWarning: Casting complex values to real discards the imaginary part Please advise on how to address this error, as I really need to export the complex numbers in an excel file

Appreciate your help very much, I am very new to Python and software programming in general, thanks a lot for the detailed explanations once again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems with displaying a 15x15 Complex Matrix - by JoelFooCJ - Sep-20-2019, 07:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check if two matrix are equal and of not add the matrix to the list quest 3 1,006 Jul-10-2023, 02:41 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  How to multiply a matrix with herself, until the zero matrix results peanutbutterandjelly 3 3,554 May-03-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Problems displaying data sent from Arduino to Pi VostokRising 2 2,440 May-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Last Post: VostokRising
  matrix from matrix python numpy array shei7141 1 3,846 Jan-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: micseydel