Python Forum
Where to improve my application?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to improve my application?
Ok, so I've been browsing the web and there appear to be a ton of places where you can post a specific coding problem, address the efforts you've already made to solve it, and ask for help. 

My question however has another focus: I am an autodidact and have just recently started coding. I have written a GUI-program in Python (using tkinter) which is fully functioning at the moment. I've turned it into a standalone app for my Mac via py2app. That also worked. Furthermore, I have reviewed my own code using pylint and committed a lot of changes so that my code now scores about 8.5 out of 10. 

I would love to opensource the application, but would require some help in the process. 

For example, given the fact that I am an autodidact I am sure that there are still a lot of potential 'wrongs' in my working code. I'm quite sure, for someone more knowledgable, the code might well fire some alarm bells and many things might need to be rearranged in a more Pythonic and/or macOS compliant way. 

So, I am not looking for some straight-forward problem solving forum. I am looking for a place where I can share my code with its many imperfections without being bashed for it and where people more knowledgable might be willing and able to help bring the application up to a higher standard so that we might at one point be able to publish it on Github and see where it leads...

So, my question is: where would I find such a place?

-----

About the program I've written:
It is a program like ccleaner for macOS. I thought that would be fun since I wasn't able to find a fully functioning (fully) open source equivalent to that program for macOS (there is Bleachbit for Mac, but it isn't really functioning yet). 

Yet, even if such a program does indeed exist already; it is still a good way to practice and learn my way around Python & tkinter.

Messages In This Thread
Where to improve my application? - by Sjoerd - Jan-30-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: Where to post this question? - by Ofnuts - Jan-30-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: Where to post this question? - by wavic - Jan-30-2017, 12:13 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by Ofnuts - Jan-30-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by ichabod801 - Jan-30-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by snippsat - Jan-30-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by Kebap - Jan-31-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Where to improve my application? - by Ofnuts - Jan-31-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Where to improve my application? - by metulburr - Jan-31-2017, 01:27 PM