Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Solving
I tend to think in an object oriented way for larger projects. What are the objects I am going to need (cards, decks of cards, hands of card, players, and a game object to put it all together). What attributes do they need that other objects will need (card rank and suit, player name and score)? How will they need to interact (cards will need to fit into a deck, a deck will need to shuffle cards, and hand will need to draw and play cards, a player will need to make decisions).

The interaction planning is the most important in my experience. That's where you find out your plan doesn't work, and you need to rethink your objects, attributes, methods, and how they all relate to each other. Often you find this out while you are programming, but it's much easier to deal with in the planning stage, so planning is key.

And I use the method wavic posted to do all this. Planning out your code with comments and then filling in the comments with code is one of the best tools I ever learned in programming.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

Messages In This Thread
Problem Solving - by PistAchiYo - Oct-06-2019, 03:34 AM
RE: Problem Solving - by wavic - Oct-06-2019, 09:34 AM
RE: Problem Solving - by ichabod801 - Oct-06-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Problem Solving - by perfringo - Oct-07-2019, 05:43 AM
RE: Problem Solving - by buran - Oct-07-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Problem Solving - by ndc85430 - Oct-13-2019, 02:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important is math for software engineering, and does it help in problem solving? larridde 4 3,149 Mar-10-2020, 03:25 PM
Last Post: wavic