Python Forum
Where to improve my application?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to improve my application?
(Jan-30-2017, 10:39 AM)Sjoerd Wrote: I am looking for a place where I can share my code with its many imperfections without being bashed for it and where people more knowledgable might be willing and able to help bring the application up to a higher standard

Besides the where-to-host-my-code part of the question, which has many possible answers, you can always link to there from anywhere. More interesting seems the where-to-find-help-without-bashing part of your question.

Indeed, harsh critic can seem so, but is seldom meant that way. The critics most often pertain to your code not you as a person. As they have seen many same mistakes done before, they get brief and concise in their wordings, which may be misunderstood as cruel. You can find more answers on how to deal with this all in the recommended essay "How to ask questions the smart way"

Then again, this forum and others (some more than others) can not only be used for help on small code snippets, but also on larger applications, which you should then link to if hosted in other places, as mentioned above. So you need to host in only one space and not copy-and-paste every small change to all other places.

Only thing, keep in mind, you are relying on the help of individuals granted for free, so your expectations may differ

Messages In This Thread
Where to improve my application? - by Sjoerd - Jan-30-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: Where to post this question? - by Ofnuts - Jan-30-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: Where to post this question? - by wavic - Jan-30-2017, 12:13 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by Ofnuts - Jan-30-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by ichabod801 - Jan-30-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by snippsat - Jan-30-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Where to post this question? - by Kebap - Jan-31-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Where to improve my application? - by Ofnuts - Jan-31-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Where to improve my application? - by metulburr - Jan-31-2017, 01:27 PM