Python Forum
writing all new scripts in Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
writing all new scripts in Python
sharing ends up with support questions. for now, i limit my sharing to stuff not customized for my environment and where someone seems to have a specific need.

but i should share some things soon, like a set of commands to manage background shell sessions done using screen. i should go through the code and clean it up, first. it still has lots of my diagnostic output going on. it lets each user have any number of named background sessions. the "bgi" command passes input to the named session. one of my sessions right now is playing music, so none of my terminal windows is tied up doing that. i run various other things there, like backups, C compiles, long searches. i still have a few minor bugs to fix, too, like refusing duplicate names (if you create 2 sessions of the same name you can no longer input to either). and the parsing of virtual screen size settings needs to be improved.

i have a command i originally wrote in C called "rls". i use it more than "ls". it uses my AVL tree code in C. having written a generator in Python to walk a file tree in the same order, i'm getting closer to redoing "rls" in Python. i will definitely share that after i try it until it is stable. one of the things i like about "rls" is a consistent output format that makes sorting easier. but i hope to better integrate some sorting into the new "rls" command (and the generator, too).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
writing all new scripts in Python - by Skaperen - Nov-09-2019, 03:46 AM
RE: writing all new scripts in Python - by Larz60+ - Nov-09-2019, 11:16 AM
RE: writing all new scripts in Python - by Skaperen - Nov-10-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: writing all new scripts in Python - by Larz60+ - Nov-10-2019, 02:43 AM
RE: writing all new scripts in Python - by Skaperen - Nov-10-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: writing all new scripts in Python - by Skaperen - Nov-10-2019, 11:24 PM