Python Forum
How to run existing python script parallel using multiprocessing
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to run existing python script parallel using multiprocessing
Hi

I had a python script which will search for directories containing the specific name and then search for the error files in those directories.
I want to run this script as a process, so that I can run 10 processes parallel at a time.
How can I acheive this ? with multi processing or multi threading?
Suggest me the best way and how to call this python script

import connect_to_hbase
import glob
import os
import csv
import numpy as np
connection= connect_to_hbase.conn
table = connection.table(connect_to_hbase.table_name_Source)
row_key =  '\x00\x00\x00\x01' 
res = list()
for row_key, data in table.scan(columns=['DETAILS:APP_ID']):
	result=data.values()
	for i in result:
		res.append(i)

x = np.array(res)
z=np.unique(x)
print(z)
patterns = str(z)
table = connect_to_hbase.conn.table(connect_to_hbase.table_name_Target)
base_path = '/ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/*{}*'
for pattern in patterns:

search_path =  base_path.format(pattern)
	for f in glob.glob(search_path):
		print("-----------------------")
		print ("The directory path is:")
		print f
		print("List of files in the directory are:")
		os.chdir('/ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/')
    		os.chdir(f)
    		cwd = os.getcwd()	
		for subdir, dirs, files in os.walk(cwd, topdown=True):
				for file23 in glob.glob('*.err'):
					print file23
Output:
Connected to Hbase ['ACM' 'ACX' 'AW' 'BC' 'BLS' 'CA' 'CLP' 'CMU' 'CR' 'CSE' 'CTD' 'DHD' 'DMS' 'DRM' 'GSK' 'IPT' 'XU0'] ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_IPT_pvt List of files in the directory are: run_ingest_IPT_daily_1246.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_CLP_pvt List of files in the directory are: run_ingest_CLP_daily_1240.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_IPT_pvt List of files in the directory are: run_ingest_IPT_daily_1246.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_CTD_pvt List of files in the directory are: run_ingest_CTD_daily_1250.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_IPT_pvt List of files in the directory are: run_ingest_IPT_daily_1246.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_XU0_pvt List of files in the directory are: t_itm.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_ACX_pvt List of files in the directory are: accountshighfocus.err acm_access_log.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_XU0_pvt List of files in the directory are: t_itm.err ----------------------- The directory path is: /ai2/data/dev/admin/inf/inf_CMU_pvt List of files in the directory are: run_ingest_CMU_daily_1247.err -----------------------
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
How to run existing python script parallel using multiprocessing - by lravikumarvsp - May-23-2018, 03:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiprocessing on python sawtooth500 12 771 Apr-02-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: sawtooth500
  Python - Merge existing cells of Excel file created with xlsxwriter manonB 0 3,770 Mar-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Last Post: manonB
  Python Parallel Programing wissam1974 6 8,856 Feb-25-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: wissam1974
  Updating the Pandas dataframe to existing excel workbook in existing worksheet. sanmaya 1 9,801 Jul-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: volcano63