Python Forum
[PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease
(Aug-17-2018, 04:59 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: [quote="PySimpleGUI" pid="55583" dateline="1534522617"]I understand that single-line solutions aren't always the best Python solution.
Any python code can be turned into a one liner.
[/quote]

Perhaps should have said, one line of human readable Python code.

Point is that it's simple enough to use that you can do something custom in a single line should you want to. It reads quite well.

(Aug-17-2018, 05:53 PM)metulburr Wrote: [quote="PySimpleGUI" pid="55583" dateline="1534522617"] Your library is more of a wrapper around tkinter. It might just be how you want it. But what does others want? Maybe they just want to use straight tkinter because its well documented, and any question regarding an issue has a ton of Google hits. Your lib does appear to simplify tasks. If people like it then it will get popular by natural methods. This forum is not ran by those developing python or python.org site. It took me a couple years of emailing them to get this forum listed on python.org. I couldnt imagine the time it would take for something more complex than a link on the page.

Hey thanks for the info!

I assumed this forum was connected to the Python Foundation directly. Didn't do my homework, clearly.

I appreciate hearing your story :-) Helps set expectations.

Totally understand the need for patience with these things. Let it catch fire, etc. Given the landscape of other wrappers and simplified GUIs, I've not seen anything this easy and this powerful, especially for beginners. You need a year of Python to get into tkinter. You need a day for PySimpleGUI. I dunno, there are a lot of lazy programmers out there. The beauty of Python is the richness of the packages. What USED to take pages of code, takes lines of code now. Why write your own linear algebra routines in Python?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease - by PySimpleGUI - Aug-17-2018, 05:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PySimpleGUI Try Except jamesaarr 1 1,988 Nov-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jamesaarr
  [PySimpleGUI]Install package on Conda not up-to-date RayJohnson 4 4,550 Jan-22-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: RayJohnson