Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Community editing
Hey there guys I know I am new here at python forums but I had a thought for a suggestion. I wanted to suggest a community editing feature. I am sure many of you have used Stack Overflow before? Well for those of you who have not; let me explain, on stack overflow they have a community editing feature: SO editing feature: LINK. The feature (in my experience) is very useful. Obviously, here at the python forums there are moderators (mod) and administrators (admin) who are capable of these kinds of edits. That being said, simple edits such as grammar, spelling and formating are rare from what I have experienced thus far. Yet, I have stumbled across plenty of posts which were in need of these types of edits.

Again, I understand that I am new and the scope of my understanding of policy here on the forums is limited. I just figured I would make the suggestion and those of you in a position to consider it can take it or leave it. Angel

The way I see it the feature would be thus: On the bottom of every post there is a row of buttons: Email, Pm, Find etc.. here or somewhere similar a new button called "edit" would be placed. The button would give the editor full control over the post, similar to the original posters edit feature. The only difference being that any edit not made by a mod/admin would be put on hold until a mod/admin has had a chance to approve or disapprove of the edit.

As I stated before my understanding of operations on this site are limited and therefore I don't even know if a feature like this would be a possibility. Personally, I would love to see this type of editing feature. For instance, lets say a new user posts a question and some code but she/he forgets to follow the policies about using the python code tags. With the feature I am suggesting any user could easily go back, edit the post and add those brackets. The original poster would then be notified that a change was made to the post. Ideally, the original poster would be able to see the difference between his original post and the edits made.

Something for a few of you to consider Think

-Rob

Messages In This Thread
Community editing - by Vysero - Aug-08-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Community editing - by DeaD_EyE - Aug-08-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Community editing - by ichabod801 - Aug-08-2018, 04:50 PM
RE: Community editing - by snippsat - Aug-08-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Community editing - by micseydel - Aug-08-2018, 06:23 PM
RE: Community editing - by metulburr - Aug-08-2018, 07:00 PM