Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Community editing
I read SO posts but i never post there. I dont like the way they do things.

I can understand where you are coming from. This feature would also be easy to implement in user groups. However....

Here moderators edit posts to make the post more readable if needed. The more users we get, the more moderators we will add if current mods cannot keep up. There is an edit history log already for admins and mods to view changes to each post and can revert them. Users can edit their own posts up to X amount of time to fix grammatical/spelling errors or add links, etc. After that it is removed to stop people from deleting their own content.

In regards to grammar and spelling. I dont think we need every post to be grammatically correct as summed up by micseydel
(Aug-08-2018, 06:23 PM)micseydel Wrote: This forum's goal is to educate visitors in the Python language.

I do think it would be nice to have for code tags and maybe tutorials section. But i dont think it is required or worth the hassle to implement.

We have a list of past decisions of features we have agreed to not implement based on majority vote. I think i could safely add this to the list of voted down features.
Past decisions

As for my opinion of community edits. I wouldnt want people to keep editing my posts when i forget an apostrophe or i dont upper case the word i, or i accidentally capitalize the second character in a sentence (Which i do a lot). That is just how i type. I can assume others wouldnt want their posts edited either for the same kind of reasons. I can identify people here based on how they type and speak. If i start coming in here with proper grammar, then my account had been hacked. I think it would also generate a lot of work for mods to confirm edits of users that we already deem unnecessary.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
Community editing - by Vysero - Aug-08-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: Community editing - by DeaD_EyE - Aug-08-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Community editing - by ichabod801 - Aug-08-2018, 04:50 PM
RE: Community editing - by snippsat - Aug-08-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Community editing - by micseydel - Aug-08-2018, 06:23 PM
RE: Community editing - by metulburr - Aug-08-2018, 07:00 PM