Python Forum
Having trouble installing self built package and install_requires
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Having trouble installing self built package and install_requires
(Jan-07-2017, 03:39 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: You could start here : https://docs.python.org/2.7/py-modindex.html
Good.
(Jan-07-2017, 05:49 PM)stranac Wrote: The easiest way of knowing: if you had to install it separately, it-s a third-party module.
Yes that could work for me,if I could remember, but does not necessarily work for somebody else.

(Jan-07-2017, 05:49 PM)stranac Wrote: The only third party module you've listed there is nose, and that probably belongs in tests_require, rather than install_requires.
Yes that is better, but please se below regarding argsparse.

(Jan-07-2017, 06:59 PM)snippsat Wrote: Is better if you use wheel format.
Command:
python setup.py bdist_wheel
Then is pip install some_module.whl
I agree, it's newer and faster, however I did test that and that gave the same error. Therefore I decided to start with sdist to get that working.
(Jan-07-2017, 06:59 PM)snippsat Wrote: The point is not knowing what all stuff is in standard library.
Just knowing what's pip installed is enough,
using virtual environment make this a lot easier.
Then pip list pip freeze do show.
I agree that virtual environment make its easier.

Thanks to all of you, however this does not seem to be the complete solution to specify dependencies. E.g. I added argsparse that is specified  https://docs.python.org/2.7/py-modindex.html it still works to install. With the solutions suggested I can figure it out for my machine, but will it works for other peoples machines if I upload it to PyPi or github and they download it and install it?

/blueslow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having trouble installing self built package and install_requires - by blueslow - Jan-08-2017, 02:16 PM