Python Forum
[Tkinter] Why is it so difficult to just ouput an image where I want?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tkinter] Why is it so difficult to just ouput an image where I want?
wuf,

Yeah, that does more like what I want. Thanks.
The image sizes are as follows"
characters: 100x153
"dot": 100x100
"dash": 100x300
All are 100 wide. Letters will not be on same line as dot/dash.
I may change the size of characters if it takes too much room on line. We haven't decided the max length of number of characters. dot/dash will be no wider than 5 dashes (1500 pixels). Frame will have most of screen. Four lines will be needed - two text & two dot/dash. Will need to overwrite longer line with shorter one (even if it means filling in with blanks at end or deleting the label.
No image labels.

Note, I modified your program to output 3 different characters (and changed the code to use .png files instead of .jpg files and that worked great.
I also put characters on one line and dots/dashes on the next and that worked great.
BTW, your documentation says you are putting them on the left of the previous but should say the right of the previous.

Thanks. I'll try playing with using a frame and putting things in it. Give me a few days to try out putting multiple labels in a frame.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is it so difficult to just ouput an image where I want? - by jpezz - Apr-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from tkinter to gtk is difficult! snakes 1 1,474 Aug-08-2022, 10:35 PM
Last Post: woooee