Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Table Maker Class
(Apr-10-2019, 02:34 PM)iMuny Wrote: Ran the original through pylint and made some changes. Some pylint warnings are still there which i don't understand how to remove.

Using a <YourScript.py> from py 2.7 in a 3.x interpreter, or vice-versa, may be the cause.

I've run into a lot of examples on web pages linked to from the official Python docs (here on this web page), that sometimes have outdated examples. For example, some of tkinter's option syntax has changed, and using older examples will throw errors. Know it is a lot of work to update all of it, but just from working with TkInter alone I've ran into several errors while using Python 3.6 and 3.7 when using said linked examples from the tk docs specifically. Using help(tk.Frame) [or whatever] yields some information, but in some rare cases has nothing to give you an idea of what is really going on.

Am no authority on anything, just started also, but it does help to warn others: It's a struggle all the way lol. Document everything you do, and remember to keep notes. Whatever it takes to get you to write more, in addition to writing more code. It helped me to have a routine, and make it a point to learn some new function or feature, or something about the inner workings of CPython or PyPy. Like, the only reason I mentioned PEP 8 was because I finally read it a few weeks ago! I had only previously learned most of it by wrote, coding it by hand, uphill in the snow both ways using only IDLE on a RaspPi3B+. (That actually isn't a joke, I still have my raspi <3).

Stay at it!

Messages In This Thread
Table Maker Class - by iMuny - Apr-09-2019, 08:00 AM
RE: Table Maker Class - by Gribouillis - Apr-09-2019, 09:03 AM
RE: Table Maker Class - by iMuny - Apr-09-2019, 09:23 AM
RE: Table Maker Class - by Ceegen - Apr-09-2019, 08:39 PM
RE: Table Maker Class - by iMuny - Apr-10-2019, 02:34 PM
RE: Table Maker Class - by Ceegen - Apr-12-2019, 11:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely Simple RPG Character File Maker ashtons 0 2,387 Jan-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ashtons