Python Forum
Just completed Learning Python the Hard Way
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just completed Learning Python the Hard Way
I recommend strongly against LPTHW. You may have learned incorrect / bad habits. I recommend you skim over something else (e.g. Think CS) and be very prepared to be challenged on your Python by people who know better than Shaw.

The best way to learn Python is with projects. You can search for "free data source" or something like that, see if you can find anything that interests you. I recommend you make your projects data science-oriented unless you're feeling really passionate about something else, in which case, go for it.

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from my point of view, a master's degree is typically required for data science. I have a BS in computer science and in my current role work with data scientists as a data engineer, and I'm nowhere near qualified to do data science like they do. If you're serious about DS you should consider a masters program if at all possible, or get serious projects going and focus on startups who are more into scrappiness than academics.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just completed Learning Python the Hard Way - by micseydel - Apr-23-2019, 02:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error: completed with code 1 (0x1) LWN 3 2,221 Oct-23-2019, 10:54 AM
Last Post: buran
  How hard is this? Phillips45 0 2,114 Jun-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Phillips45
  Learn Python 3 the Hard Way oldDog 1 2,968 May-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: wavic
  Exercise 20, Learn Python 3 the Hard Way Dixon 6 6,071 Feb-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: snippsat