Python Forum
How do I know when I know enough python to get a job?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I know when I know enough python to get a job?
try writing some clever programs that do networking. one of them piled onto my plate of things is a program to forward UDP datagrams. but i need it to do more than that. i need one that splits the UDP datagrams so that some are sent to one address,port an the others are sent to another address,port. and it needs to act as a load balancer. so if the path to one of the addresses gets slower, more are sent to the other. what has to be clever about this is that the other end is this same program. both ends will be using 2 ISPs and the addresses are selected so that each end goes through both ISP. traffic will be going both ways. so what happens if path B through ISP 2 on each end looks like it is slower. well, this program will send less that way. but that's not necessarily a good thing. if both ends are intentionally sending slower over path B how will hey know when B improves and take a heavier load, again? what if one of the ISPs goes down? how will you know when it comes back up? BTW, the big plan for this is to forward UDP datagrams for OpenVPN.

being a good programmer is about more than just knowing how to code in some favored language. it's also about problem solving in the domain to program in. really good programmers can problem solve in a wider range of ares ... a larger domain. that makes you more attractive to employers because you will be more versatile.

find an open source project or two to work on. or start your own. that can show your overall skills to potential employers.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I know when I know enough python to get a job? - by Skaperen - Apr-26-2019, 04:22 AM