Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python, flask, Django
Hi
I posted before about a way of using python, via IIS, to give out html pages.
I was advised it is much better to use Flask, so I have been trying that.
I am however hitting restrictions that I cannot seem to find out solutions. Also I saw from job postings people like to have Django as well as or instead of Flask. So I have watched a video on DJango, which seems to be almost like Flask, but has a lot of stuff done automatically for you (the developer) which feels more like losing control. Plus its a lot more difficult to get going.
I am still going to read the Flask documentation to see whether it shines a light, but I wanted to ask whether it is worth persuing Flask/DJango, or try to recreate the logics via python pure/IIS to understand what happens under the hood.
It's mainly frustrating that I know what I want to do, but just cannot quite get it to work.
I have managed to get Flask to connect to mysql via sqlalchemy and retrieve data. So some success. But I am also aware I am building it wrong for py, forms, security. (Good as a test to say I have managed to do it - bad if I ever wanted to use it).
I also wanted to say thanks to those who have advised me here, you have been very helpful.

Messages In This Thread
Python, flask, Django - by Ecniv - May-01-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Python, flask, Django - by nilamo - May-01-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Python, flask, Django - by Ecniv - May-02-2019, 01:22 PM
RE: Python, flask, Django - by buran - May-02-2019, 01:26 PM
RE: Python, flask, Django - by Ecniv - May-02-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Python, flask, Django - by buran - May-02-2019, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  python 3.7 on windows using flask and flask-sqlalchemy. Alpy 2 4,037 Aug-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Alpy
  Django: How to automatically substitute a variable in the admin page at Django 1.11? m0ntecr1st0 3 3,388 Jun-30-2019, 12:21 AM
Last Post: scidam