Python Forum
Choice of GUI implementation
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choice of GUI implementation
I do not want to start a religious war, just want to avoid a lot of time on the wrong path. I am new to Python but not to programming - this is somewhere around my 20th language, give or take, with different variations. Most recently was using Java via Netbeans for development. Favorite language all time Delphi (Pascal variant).

I wrote a proof of concept app using Tkinter and was not really happy with the output. I'm sure I could learn more and fix things. I did the same proof of concept app (a Body Mass Index calculator, uses 2 input boxes, a button, and output a value) using WxPython and a designer program (WxGlade). Came out better. Here I see a lot more questions on TkInter than I do WxPython, don't want to pursue a path that is dying.

My programming is typically database front ends, simple input and output without a lot of graphics, uses text boxes, grids, and buttons.

So, what in the wisdom of those in this forum, is the best GUI platform for me to use, given how I design, background, etc. I do like to design using a designer rather than doing everything in code (recognizing it all ends up being code in the end).

Thanks to all.
JAS

Messages In This Thread
Choice of GUI implementation - by jefsummers - May-18-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Choice of GUI implementation - by Yoriz - May-18-2019, 10:32 PM
RE: Choice of GUI implementation - by jefsummers - May-19-2019, 11:15 PM