Python Forum
a module for multiple input waiting
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a module for multiple input waiting
the documentation fooled me, again. when i first read this, it looked like it was just another form of os.select, based on the beginning wording. that and naming it "select" convinced me that i need to move on. they should have given it a different name. if i had implemented this it probably would have used kqueue on BSD and select on Linux and Unix.

it lacks some sort of tagging feature. this would allow the caller to quickly handle the ready I/O. i don't know why it just posted my edit when i pressed the space bar, but i have seen many bugs in this editor before. the way i would have done the tagging is allow providing a sequence like a tuple where the very first item (at [0]) is the file or file descriptor and this object would be the returned object. but this is only a minor feature if a file can be used as a dictionary key (i don't know if it is hashable).

otherwise, this does look close enough to what i was going to do to not do it. maybe i'll make a wrapper unless i find something right on the mark.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
a module for multiple input waiting - by Skaperen - Jul-18-2019, 02:32 AM
RE: a module for multiple input waiting - by Skaperen - Jul-19-2019, 12:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  multiple mice input? (windows) madscijr 1 3,511 Jun-21-2017, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Larz60+