Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lists to strings
Not so much complicated, as counterintuitive to a n00b. In fairness my latest versions of Perl seem to require even more levels of obscurantism in dealing with Arrays of Arrays (AoA). Modules that worked before are giving problems now.
https://perldoc.perl.org/perldsc.html

But it seems that ITERTOOLS is what I am looking for
https://docs.python.org/3/library/itertools.html

I realize every language has data types, but some seem more 'duck typed' to certain types than others. Perl concentrates on string datatypes (think $_) but its array parsing (@_) complicates function arguments. Python seems more directed at simplifying array data (such as tuples imtead of pointers/references).

I definitely need to get used to the 'for...in' (vs foreach) syntax.

What I particularly enjoy about Python is the ease and simplicity of making basic internet connections and parsing data. Perl can aslo do it, but the scripts I have cobbled together for that purpose are excruciating, to say the least.

But as a n00b, only one question remains: is there a way to quickly search to see what method belongs to what module in the standard library (or Pypi)?
For example, I found a code snippet calling iterlist(), apparently from an import, but no module on Pypi with it specifically as a method PyDash and IterMark come up, but it does not have the specific function.

Messages In This Thread
Lists to strings - by millpond - Jul-29-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: Lists to strings - by ichabod801 - Jul-29-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: Lists to strings - by millpond - Jul-29-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Lists to strings - by ichabod801 - Jul-29-2019, 09:02 PM
RE: Lists to strings - by millpond - Jul-31-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: Lists to strings - by ichabod801 - Aug-01-2019, 01:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strings inside other strings - substrings OmarSinno 2 3,717 Oct-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gruntfutuk