Python Forum
GUI app for Android 2.3.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GUI app for Android 2.3.0
Hello qwerty2019,
I also tried to find a framework to create Android aps using Python for my tablet.
In the first I read about QPython. I installed the app on my tablet, I played I little, but it was not what I wanted.
Then I read about sl4a and Android for Python initiative - to complex for me to use it.
The only one that worked for me is Kivy. So, I started to learn it. But the problem came when I want to create the Android APK. I read about Buldozer and how it automates the whole process. I found one or two tutorials about how to create an APK file, but it didn't work for me. Mostly because Buldozer works only on Linux and I'm not a Linux person. So, my struggle now is to create a virtual machine in which to install all the necessary packages in order to create that Android APK file.
I also heard about Kivy Launcher and I used it. The problem with the Kivy Launcher is that contains only a few Python packages. For small, not complicated, apps it's OK. But for an app that is using the Requests package (for API requests) is not working - the Requests package is not included in the Kivy Launcher. That way I need Buldozer, it will create the APK file and will put in all the Python packages that are needed.
But I'm still trying!
Have a good day!

Messages In This Thread
GUI app for Android 2.3.0 - by qwerty2019 - Aug-02-2019, 03:58 PM
RE: GUI app for Android 2.3.0 - by qwerty2019 - Aug-03-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: GUI app for Android 2.3.0 - by qwerty2019 - Aug-04-2019, 09:03 PM
RE: GUI app for Android 2.3.0 - by luke - Nov-08-2019, 03:36 PM