Python Forum
[PyGame] sound effect delay and program laggy
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PyGame] sound effect delay and program laggy
I've been having fun making my games not silent, but I've had a small issue in that the sound effect is always slightly delayed, no matter what I do.

I've tried to use the time.delay command, but that doesn't seem to do anything to fix the issue. I'm using the .tick command to limit the framerate, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on the sound delay. I even get the sound delay on my start menu, even though it doesn't have a framerate limit.

Also, in general, I've noticed my programs tend to be really laggy. I'm running them on a high-end gaming pc, but my computer acts like its struggling to handle it. And keep in mind, this is a clone of snake, so its not exactly the most demanding on a pc. Though strangely enough, running it appears to take up a third of my RAM! And this is a pc that can run a heavily modded Skyrim at full graphics, and yet it has a hard time rendering a snake clone? I WAS thinking of putting the program on my laptop, but I've been afraid to do that since its so demanding on my main pc (I once fried a laptop running games that it couldn't handle).

Messages In This Thread
sound effect delay and program laggy - by xBlackHeartx - Sep-26-2019, 09:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laggy Game Movement game_slayer_99 12 4,370 Oct-05-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: metulburr
Music [PyGame] Chopper wash effect efficiency questions. michael1789 9 4,447 Jan-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post: michael1789
  Appropriately delay this PyGame code kleynah22 2 4,396 Nov-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Windspar
  [PyGame] My program is very laggy GamePlanet 6 7,063 Aug-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: nilamo