Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Curiosity
Hi All,

I have been working in Python from a data scientist perspective for a couple of months now. I must admit that I am in love. I come from a very strong TSQL background in my everyday job, but studied software engineering. Thus the more I work with Python the more questions I get.

A few weeks ago I built my first little app to assist me with my workload, a few co-workers saw it and asked if I could share. This go me thinking, I am running the script in an environment I setup for myself. So I will need to package it for their use, however I tried to do research on how to package this and the best solution I could find was pyToExe and was wondering what is the best way to package my app?

I now wanted to version my little app as I still need to make a lot of changes and will need to track which version everyone is using if they have issues. However I am not sure what the correct way is to achive this in my scripts.

I do most of my analysis in pandas, and afterwards I normally require to move my now transformed data back to SQL. I normally achieve this using the to_sql function included in pandas with a sqlalchemy engine defined, but with big data this is terribly slow due to the fact that this happens row by row. Is there a better way to move batch data from a pandas dataframe to sql server?

Please point me into the right direction.

Messages In This Thread
General Curiosity - by JVoogt - Oct-13-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: General Curiosity - by ndc85430 - Oct-13-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: General Curiosity - by perfringo - Oct-14-2019, 10:17 AM