Python Forum
How should I upgrade python to 3.8.0?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should I upgrade python to 3.8.0?
(Oct-20-2019, 02:13 PM)snippsat Wrote: It's no problem to have several version i have had up to 7-8 and also Anaconda/PyPy..ect.

If you want to test out Python 3.8 just install,but can still keep 37 as main version in Windows Path.

Thanks for your answer!

I do know that there is no problem having several versions of python, as I have been reading this forum for a while and it seems that a lot of people have installed for instance python 2.6 and python 3.7, but I'm a bit absent-minded, so I'd probably will be messing my little programs while using different versions, or even not finding them. Also, I'm a newbie, and I already had a lot of trouble trying to set the appropriate path when I first installed python 3.7.4. I had installed it in a drive, different from the root drive in order not to use the scarce space left in the root drive, and I had to look for and follow a step-by-step guide to install the appropriate path. I couldn't manage to make it work till I re-installed it in the root drive.

So, while I dare to do a few things, and some programs, I don't feel confident enough to use different versions while having to set paths and environments or other stuff. It is also a matter of space, as it seems that I have to install the packages I want to use, inside each of the different python versions I could have. I prefer to use that space with programs I write and other material. Maybe in the future, when my knowledge is better.

All the best,
newbieAuggie2019

"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."
Steve Jobs

Messages In This Thread
RE: How should I upgrade python to 3.8.0? - by newbieAuggie2019 - Oct-20-2019, 08:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrade to python 3 opinion hokie1999 5 2,853 May-11-2021, 06:42 PM
Last Post: hokie1999
  Need help to upgrade Python 3.X Ritesh 3 3,767 Feb-18-2020, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Ritesh
  Any command to upgrade Python version 2.X to latest KarthiK 7 4,156 Feb-15-2020, 07:25 PM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE